Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO as it is largely known as, is the process of improving a company’s rank on search engines like Google in order to increase traffic to it’s website. It is the combination of free website submissions and paid search engine listings in order to ‘out rank’ competitors on a search engine results page.
The way people make decisions has drastically changed, and now opt to source product information on the internet rather than traditional media. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a form of online marketing that aims to increase a website’s visibility in search engines for those important keywords and phrases that are relevant to a specific business.
What are the benefits of Search Engine Optimization?
1. Search Engines outperform other traditional media in driving visitors to websites as most people are increasingly seeking information about products/services on the internet.
2. Search Engines are not geographically limited. Search Engines are accessed all over the world at any given time.
3. Search Engine Optimisation has a higher conversion rate, turning website visitors into clients.
4. The company’s brand will be more visible when it is consistently amongst the top listings on the results page. This will make your branding more familiar to prospective clients
5. It is much cheaper and effective than local placed advertisements.
By having a website contain carefully worded text and titles, along with links to compatible websites, search engine optimisation can ensure that visitors return to a particular site or stay and buy products.